Monday, August 29, 2011

Morning sickness can bite me

Some women actually seem to enjoy morning sickness, as if it were a welcome reminder that the little one is healthy and thriving. I, personally, would be fine without this reminder.

My special version of morning sickness is a lot like motion sickness: fatigue, fogginess, and low-grade nausea. I'm not vomiting all the time -- and I feel really bad for those who do -- but it's still enough to paralyze a person.

Having said that, I've come to treat most of my illnesses the same. Just grin and bear it. Whether it's a cold, or a headache, or nausea, sometimes you just have to focus on daily life until it passes. As odd as it sounds, sometimes I'd rather be at work when the MS hits because then I have no choice but to go about my day. Whereas if I were at home, I would curl up in a ball on the couch and spend the day chanting "woe is me". And that's no good for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment