Monday, August 22, 2011

Skinny jeans (and pants)

I could never get into skinny jeans or pants, literally or figuratively. Unless one is tall and thin, like a supermodel, they look so unfortunate.

So you can imagine my horror when I see skinny maternity pants. I can't imagine a more unflattering silhouette for a lovely pregnant woman. A large belly needs balance. We need pants and shoes that lengthen the leg. We need comfort. Skinny jeans and pants are antithetical to balanced proportions.

My opinion probably is the minority since stores continue to make and sell skinny jeans but, at least at the Gap (where I do a lot of shopping), it's always the skinny jeans and pants that are on the clearance rack.

When I'm already feeling pudgy, this is not how I want to represent myself (Photo credit: Gap) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment